Welcome to the International Hyperbaric Medical Association
The International Hyperbaric Medical Association (IHMA) is a non-profit organization working to make hyperbaric oxygen therapy the standard of care for all instances where a physician believes saturating a patient’s body with oxygen could improve a patients clinical outcomes.
- Hundreds of Million of Medicare Dollars Saved: An estimated $348 million is being saved by preventing just 11% of the 158,000 amputations every year, using HBOT. (IHMA petitioned for the Medicare National Coverage Determination, granted in 2002.)
- Working with Congress (Registered Lobbying Team in Washington, D.C.):
- TBI Treatment Act (HR 396) passed three times unanimously in the House of Representatives (died in the Senate twice) Pending Today!
- Numerous Testimonies before Congress
- Working with State Legislatures & Local Governments
- Partnered with the National Foundation for Women Legislators.
- Presentations to California, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma and Texas state and local governments
- Working with DoD Medicine to help Veterans with TBI or PTSD
- Hyperbaric Centers Available in Every Community in America
- Routine Use with burn patients (HBOT saves thousands with better outcomes.)
- Solving America’s Largest Public Health Crisis, Untreated Brain Insults. Savings per year: Hundreds of Billions
- Falls & Routine Blunt Trauma & Crush Injuries: $20 billion per year is spent on falls, for which there is currently no routine treatment.
- Preventing 80%+ of all diabetic foot and most other amputations.
Join us in helping to solve America’s key health care problems and make U.S. health care more effective, more efficient, and less expensive.
Thank you for attending!
Privacy Notice - © 2012 International Hyperbaric Medical Association
8210 Cinder Bed Road, Ste C-3
Lorton, Virginia 22079-1135
The information provided by IHMA does not constitute a medical recommendation.
It is intended for informational purposes only, and no claims, either real or implied, are being made.